Monday, March 4, 2013

I love Dayton!

When I relocated to Dayton, Ohio, I received the following question (probably about a million times); "Dayton, OHIO??? Why?"

I'll tell you why. There is ALWAYS something to do in Dayton. Part of my new blogging commitment will be reviewing some of my favorite local spots in the Gem City. Dayton has some fantastic restaurants, museums and a terrific MetroPark system.

On a related note, I'm "hosting" Flat Stanley for one of my cousins girls. For those of you who haven't hung out with 2nd graders, Flat Stanley is a children's book about a little boy (Stanley) who is flattened to the width of a piece of paper, and is then mailed around the United States in an envelope to visit friends. I've done the Flat Stanley project many times with my 2nd graders. It's such a fun way to learn about the 50 states, and see other parts of the country.





Back to my "Dayton Favorites"...Cobblestone Cafe in Waynesville. I was introduced to this adorable cafe and gift shop by my friend Sheela, from Dayton Christian. They have a great seasonal menu and feature their own garden-grown herbs and produce. I'm excited to come back in the spring when I can eat on their patio!

Fabulous ambiance. I love the exposed beams, punched mental lighting, country chairs. It's incredibly warm and inviting.

Grilled Asparagus sandwich and French Onion Soup. Delightful!

2 comments: