Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reasons why I'm ready for February

  1. I love Valentine's Day. The hearts, the crafts, the chocolate that I always throw away, balloons, flowers. I have always had terrific a Valentine's Day. My parents used to make it really special, and in later years when I was teaching, my dad would send me flowers and a really sweet note. My brother flew me out to Dayton a few times (prior to moving here in 2011) because Presidents Day weekend also landed on Valentine's 2 years in a row (or close by). Such fun memories, and such a fun holiday.
  2. February is a short month.
  3. Presidents Day = another day off school. I'm a history nerd, so I used to enjoy pulling out some of my favorite classroom biographies about Washington and Lincoln and reading aloud to my class. 
  4. This year, Lent begins on February 13. I have an awesome Lenten calendar/countdown that I'll post pictures of ASAP. I love the historical framework of Easter and looking back at the original Passover story. It is packed full of references to our Savior, and provides a beautiful picture of the final sacrifice.
  5. February means one month closer to warm weather. I'm finding out that I'm a total LOSER about winter. This is the first real winter that I've experienced in over a DECADE! Give me a break. My first year in Ohio was unseasonably warm and everyone told me that it was a fluke. Sure enough, this year has been pretty cold and snowy. 
  6. Season Premiere of Smash. Don't judge.

2 comments:

  1. I always want to post comments..and it never lets me. Attempt 23984857. Did it work this time?

    ReplyDelete